huskee 22 ton prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, I would have sent you my 10% off coupon that expired on the 9th.

You need to get on TSC's mailing list somehow. I'm not sure how I initially got on, but I think they used the billing address from a credit card purchase. I have also made online purchases and submitted my email address for store advertisements.

No advice on a coupon however a little story may help.

When I was thinking about a splitter purchase and the Huskee, I stopped in a TSC store to take a look at them. Found a couple units tagged as being back from repair. They looked brand new. I read the attached sheets, one was returned due to a "sticky lever" .... that sounded to me like someone who bought it, took it home to split a little, then returned it. So,I rounded up a salesman and he fired it up. Ran fine. Asked about price. Walked out the door with it for $750 and full warantee. I have run over 20 cords through it and the only issue I have had is the return hose has popped off a couple times - have since replaced it. Might be worht a trip to the store and see if they have any returns. It was around this time of year when I got mine. You may get lucky.

just was in a tsc store today and the 22-ton was $999. seems like a good price. as far as the coupons, don't know how to get 'em.

On the TSC web site you can sign up for email notices of sales, etc. I get an email coupon occasionally for $100 off a $1000 purchase, or 10% off or whatever.

I've read here that several people went in to the store, asked for a manager, told them they are ready to buy "right now" and ask for a 10% discount on the floor model.
Others have said that they got a 10% discount by signing up for a TSC account. They put the splitter and a jug of oil on the new account, get the discount. Go home and pay it off.

Look closely at the floor models to see if you can spot a scratch or blemish. Maybe even a wee bit of hydro fluid seeping from a loosely connected hose.

Be polite, not demanding. It's worth a shot. Having said all of that, since the regular price seems to be $1100 now, the $999 price is a pretty good deal.

Got Wood said:
No advice on a coupon however a little story may help.

When I was thinking about a splitter purchase and the Huskee, I stopped in a TSC store to take a look at them. Found a couple units tagged as being back from repair. They looked brand new. I read the attached sheets, one was returned due to a "sticky lever" .... that sounded to me like someone who bought it, took it home to split a little, then returned it. So,I rounded up a salesman and he fired it up. Ran fine. Asked about price. Walked out the door with it for $750 and full warantee. I have run over 20 cords through it and the only issue I have had is the return hose has popped off a couple times - have since replaced it. Might be worht a trip to the store and see if they have any returns. It was around this time of year when I got mine. You may get lucky.

I ended up getting a generator in the same way . . . it was returned as defective during the height of a major ice storm which left a great area of Maine without power . . . however both the salesman and we noted that there was still a sticker on the muffler and not a drop of gas was in the gas tank . . . we figure someone bought it, got home and discovered the power was back on and returned it as "defective." Ended up getting a half decent deal on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.