Husky 555

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Poolec

Nov 16, 2017
Fisrt post, ive enjoyed reqding the forums.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the 555? Does it have a plastic shell similar to the Ranchers or is it metal?

Also, I believe it is an autotune saw. Can you confirm this? How is the hot starting?

Looks like an autotune saw, never used one but its probably a good saw. Personally If I were buying new I'd spend the extra $100 and go for the 365 (pro model).

It is a mag cased autotuned saw. It's basically a detained 562 (really a 560). Haven't heard of many hot start issues. Don't know if it's because there's not as many out as the 562 or if they just don't run as hot. It also uses a k095 mount bar.

Fisrt post, ive enjoyed reqding the forums.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the 555? Does it have a plastic shell similar to the Ranchers or is it metal?

Also, I believe it is an autotune saw. Can you confirm this? How is the hot starting?

I have it's kissing cousin . . . or maybe it's sister . . . the Jonsered version.

I really like this saw.

As mentioned it has a magnesium case shell and is an auto-tune.

Also as mentioned . . . it is basically a detuned 562XP.

Another member, Pen, had to tell me how to start it once it warms up as it starts up differently than my old Husky 350 . . . nothing terribly hard, just a different step. Fires up very easily cold or hot.

Thanks guys. This model seems like a good fit for me. I am also going to look at the 562xp. As luck would have it, the 555 had a $75 rebate offer that expired YESTERDAY.

You could also look at the jonsered 2258 & 2260. Same saws as the husky 555 & 560 just a different angle on the front handle. Might find them at a discount since j-red is being switched to redmax.

I ended up mp buying the 555 today for $575. Seems like a very nice saw for what I need it for.

I asked about the hot start up issues that I've heard about. There is a specific procedure to use when doing a hot start.

I ended up mp buying the 555 today for $575. Seems like a very nice saw for what I need it for.

I asked about the hot start up issues that I've heard about. There is a specific procedure to use when doing a hot start.

Pen's advice has worked well.

Once warmed up . . . set the switch to full choke and then move down one click to the high idle position. It typically starts on the first pull.

Been my go to saw for years now, works great!

Great saw! My 555 and the operator (me) prefer cutting in cool weather.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys...

I thought it came with a 20" bar but I was in a hurry to leave the shop and didn't realize it had an 18" bar until I tried it out on a couple hickory logs. Oh well. I will add a 20" bar after this one wears out.

I remember that when I was cross shopping the Husky came with the 18 inch bar and the Jonsered came with a 20 inch bar. I briefly considered asking for the 18 inch bar and changing out the sprockets so I could use my 350's old chains. I am glad I stayed with the 20 inch bar and original chain.