Hutch Rebel insert replacement blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pisca

Dec 19, 2021
Alabama
I seen a post on here from 2011 that is exactly what I am looking for...however the website that was linked is no longer up. I am looking for a replacement blower motor for my Hutch Rebel insert. I have attached a picture of the insert as well as the original installation manual that shows the model. The motor is 1/8hp 1050rpm with 3/8 shaft. Diameter is 5in. It is an enclosed motor. I can take a picture of the motor itself as well.
I have been looking online and see several that look the same but I thought it would be better to ask someone that actually knows a bit about these things. The insert is my grandmother's and she heats her entire house with it. My grandpa and my dad both passed away within the last 6 years so I have become the one that helps with these kind of things. Im usually pretty good with these things, but this is something I don't know much about.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! hutch_rebel_front_view_insert.jpg

Attachments

• Hutch Rebel Insert Instructions circa 1980-1.pdf
    745.7 KB · Views: 353
if you have no luck see if there is a electric motor shop around you and bring it to him he'll set you up with something.

Reactions: Pisca
I can only find 1/2 shaft...which will work with a little modification but none of them are fully enclosed. It will need to be fully enclosed from my understanding.

I live in a very small town and don't think there is a motor shop like that anywhere nearby.