HVAC info needed..winter blower speed..vent replacement...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

Dec 8, 2008
so.Ill
Plaster.. 2 story.. unit in basement..windows upgraded.. Plaster "ERA" ducting, heavier guage with grey color and long radius sweeping elbows.Shut off on supply runs. Has baseboard-wall register`s (FLAPPER) style which really deliver air when opened.
Carrier 58 PAV 135-20 seems to have short cycle, and the air never really feels warm even though the thermostate says it is. Have never experienced a "lock out" and there is a section in Manual...( d. "To change blower motor speed selections for heating mode...."
I have one room shut off upstairs, two vents where insert is burning are shut, and most of the time, the vent in room where the thermostat is located, forcing air from kitchen to migrate there to trip thermo.. Short cycles still. Should I try another blower speed,
as I would like more heating time upstairs when it does come on. This type registers have no resistance,,should I consider replacing them with modern inserts, having more regulation control.
Should mention basement is also shut down and quite cool, but I have purchased a bucket of seam sealant and some rather pricey foil back rolls of insulation yet to be installed. Doesn`t seem like much,,,is there a better "R" value way to seal duct`s,or will this be good? Thank`s

Status
Not open for further replies.