I almost spit coffee out my nose! $6,500?!?!?!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tree owner that thinks he has antique furniture in log form. These people just p%^# me off.

I know. Somebody five hundred miles from me asking more than I want to pay for something I don't want always pisses me off too. :rolleyes:

I was mistaken in my earlier post. I was thinking of zebra or tiger wood. Curly maple is pretty tho. Still wouldn't pay to clean it up however

Tiger is a fancy term for curly, it will show in the lumber whether it is "plain" or "quarter" sawn.

Yes, it shows either way, but it doesn't look the same in every orientation.

Hey can't blame guy for trying. If someone called and said, "I'll give you a hundred bucks and haul it away.". Better than nothing. Probably should have kept it in a longer piece though instead of chopped up.
Something tells me it cost him around $6500 to take it down.

Nailed it.

Every once in a while, I'll reply to a silly ad like this and tell the person that they are being mocked on other sites. "Where, where?" is usually the response, but I never clue them in.....prolly burns their britches trying to find out. Oh, the Craigslist follies.....people selling live, standing trees for $300.00 each, a fool who wanted $50.00 per pine round, a jackwagon who wanted 18 large oaks, some in close proximity to his house, to be cut down and hauled away for free....it will never end. About five years ago, some fruitcake was selling two old Kohler engines, two rams and some hydraulic lines as "almost finished log splitter"....he "only" wanted $1000.00 for the pile of junk. His ad said, "You can even build your own Terminator"...I asked him if I could build a T1000, or would the package only support construction of a T800.

Reactions: Gareth96
"almost finished log splitter"....he "only" wanted $1000.00 for the pile of junk

Man, if that is what an almost finished splitter is going for, I have a lot of money laying around in all most finished projects around here.

Man, if that is what an almost finished splitter is going for, I have a lot of money laying around in all most finished projects around here.

And since I have four extra tires for my wife's car ... I have an "almost finished" car. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.