i feel lucky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

splitoak

Nov 6, 2013
Jefferson Co, WV
To be living in wv where we have such a plentiful supply of the best firewood known to man..heres some recent scrounge..some honey locust...then some BL to compare..

Attachments

• 20140221_164047.jpg
    20140221_164047.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 20140221_164808.jpg
    20140221_164808.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 122
sure, rub it in....some of us aren't so lucky. nice score....btw, I loved WV when I was there. I lived in Fayette county right next to the bridge, and worked in greenbrier. such a pretty state.

Reactions: splitoak
Nice scrounge. I'd like to get ahold of some locust to try out but I don't ever see any around here

Good bard wood like that is a blessing for sure... Unless you are behind on your wood and need something that will dry quick... Like me ha! I have an abudance of red oak but it takes so long to dry I need to find different wood for this year.

Reactions: tcassavaugh
Status
Not open for further replies.