I have 2 pellet stove, wich one to use??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lavabo

hello

I own since 2 years a Enviro Fire EF-I FreeStanding and im very please with it!!

This summer i came a cheap pellet stove for sale, and bought it.. its a WithField WP4 Quest FreeStanding also

Now i dont have caracteristic of both, and i wonder wich one would be the best to heat my home... wich has the most BTU. The other one will be heating the garage!

One thing about the Withfield it has 3 windows but i prefer the shape and look of the EnviroFire

Thanks

mike

the quest was 30k Btu's i believe, and it was never a cheap unit. If you have one of the original whitfields you have a good stove. Nothing wrong with enviro fire either, burn what ever one you like, they will both get the job done. Why did you buy 2?

The EnviroFire is on the basement to heat all house

I came across a good deal for the Withfield and tought it could be use for upstair OR heatin the garage !!

I paid 350 $CAD with a bunch of chemney for the withfield so i couldnt resist

Is the Enviro Fire about the sames BTU ??

I just Started the WithField WP4 Quest last day and it run well

But it s a bit smaller than the envirofire and have no external thermostat like the EnviroFire does. With this thermostat the EnviroFire go to slow mode when he reach the temperature setting!!

my bungalow is 24x34, so about 800 sq feet on 2 floor (basement and 1st floor)

Anyone has an opinion on wich to use ?? is 30 000 BTU enough for my kind of house?

tx
mike

The Ef1 is going to be a more reliable unit and heat more.
if it is a quest (round Drop shoot and Knobs on the controler)
NOT A QUEST PLUS the stove is Very unreliable and hard to get the air and fuel adjusted correctly the knobs in the control board.
auger jams are common if you have pellets that are long and or sawdust.

we have parts for both on our website

Status
Not open for further replies.