I hesitate to ask another tax credit question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbyte

Aug 3, 2013
Arkansas
However, I must.

With all the different info floating around, whether its 10% of the total cost, or dollar for dollar up to $300 of the cost...(which i understand it to be total cost has to be > $300 to get the full credit) I also notice a few different forms being spoke of, as to which one the IRS is current taking...

If im reading this right, is line 22a the main line to enter the credit amount? We have a family friend who is a CPA do our taxes, she's a comptroller, but i doubt she's ever filled out this form for anyone, as she only does friends and family now days... i just want to make sure ive got a good understanding of the actual form that is being accepted.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5695.pdf

Im also thinking our exterior windows we installed while this credit was disabled, can now be filed...it says anything after 2005, i will just have to dig up the receipt and the statement of efficiency from the manufacture, i'll need that on record even though you dont send it in.

Good question. I am wondering the same.

I've got a different tax credit question -- if any knows. If the stove is purchased by December 31st but installed in the new year, does it still qualify.

I've got a different tax credit question -- if any knows. If the stove is purchased by December 31st but installed in the new year, does it still qualify.

dont take my word for it, but i would think that the installation costs would not be eligible since the receipt for it would fall outside the deadline. But since its a max of $300 against the cost of the stove, then unless your installation costs are what send the dollar amount over the $300 mark, then i dont see how you are benefiting from itemizing the extra installation cost. I say dont take my word because i for sure wouldnt call myself a pro at this, i could be wrong.

You're filing would probably be similar to mine, since im doing the installation, and im not a professional, i cant include the installation cost.... so the purchase date on the receipt is all they have to go by.

5695 is the form. I filed it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.