I just doubled the size of my firebox!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafattkidd

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2007
Long Island
On Thursday, one day before the 30% tax rebate ended, I sold my Napoleon 1101 and bought a new Osburn 2400 insert from Dynamite buys (These guys have been great. Best price I've found anywhere, too.) http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1053

I've been very happy with the heat output of my Napoleon, but as stated several times on this forum it is a little undersized for my house. Current firebox is 1.7 cf. New insert is 3.2 cf. Very excited. This is definitely more stove than I need. Better to build a small fire in a large box than to struggle to build a larger fire in a smaller box.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm expecting the stove by 1/12/11.

Should I expect to burn a lot more wood with a larger stove? Has anyone else gone from a smaller stove to a larger stove like this?

DaFattKidd said:
On Thursday, one day before the 30% tax rebate ended, I sold my Napoleon 1101 and bought a new Osburn 2400 insert from Dynamite buys (These guys have been great. Best price I've found anywhere, too.) http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1053

I've been very happy with the heat output of my Napoleon, but as stated several times on this forum it is a little undersized for my house. Current firebox is 1.7 cf. New insert is 3.2 cf. Very excited. This is definitely more stove than I need. Better to build a small fire in a large box than to struggle to build a larger fire in a smaller box.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm expecting the stove by 1/12/11.

Should I expect to burn a lot more wood with a larger stove? Has anyone else gone from a smaller stove to a larger stove like this?

Bigger is always better. Congrats!

Sounds like you are starting your new year off very happy. Enjoy a warmer house.

Size really does matter, within reason. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Congrats !!!

Start scrounging :)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Congrats !!!

Start scrounging :)

I've got like 5 cords still. I think I've got enough to get me through at least this time next year. I'm always on the lookout for more wood.

I got a 3.2 with my Mansfield.. You are gonna love it !

shawneyboy said:
I got a 3.2 with my Mansfield.. You are gonna love it !

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.