I just got engaged tonight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadJohn86

Oct 10, 2010
Southern, IL
My girlfriend and I got two yorkie Bochum Frise mix puppies from a rescue in march or April. We still hadn't gotten them dog tags made up so I made real tags for Molly and Dexter. Then I made another one for Dexter that said "will you marry me"
Her mom and her went to get their nails done while her dad stayed while we fixed their cabinet. When they get home, I tell her I finally got the dogs tags made, but I messed dexters up. She looks at it to see what was misspelled, and when she looks up she sees me holding her ring and starts crying hysterically
:wiggle:
Then me, her, her parents, and my mom went to the olive garden to celebrate

12178a48.jpg

a47ae8fd.jpg

Terrible picture I know. I'm still at her parents and can't get the images off my camera so I had to use my phone

Congrats! Recently got engaged myself. Great feeling.

Here's a better pic of the ring from when I had it sent off to get resized

43b9432a.jpg

Beautiful ring and wonderful story. Gotta say the ring looks prettier on her finger than yours, though.

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. :coolsmile:

Good for you John :)

that looks like one wicked ring ;-) just wondering if you have 'Macro' on your camera? as you can get right up close and personal with it :coolsmile:

loon

DSC09929-1.jpg

Congratulations....but the Olive Garden? Really?

Jack Straw said:

Well when you're there you're family! ;) :)

Actually I'm not all that formal either . . . around here there aren't that many fancy schmancy restaurants and honestly I don't particularly care to go to those types of places . . . just not my thing . . . besides . . . he could have said they celebrated by going to McDonalds and ordering off the Dollar Menu, right? ;)

Congrats BBJ . . . clever way to pop the question.

Congratulations! Hope you and yours have a great holiday season. This engagement will help. Wish the best for both of you.

firefighterjake said:
Jack Straw said:

Well when you're there you're family! ;) :)

Actually I'm not all that formal either . . . around here there aren't that many fancy schmancy restaurants and honestly I don't particularly care to go to those types of places . . . just not my thing . . . besides . . . he could have said they celebrated by going to McDonalds and ordering off the Dollar Menu, right? ;)

I was 1/2 busting on him. I don't care much for fancy restaurants but I'm not a huge fan of the chains. Give me a local pub/diner.

Adios Pantalones said:
Best thing I ever did was marrying... my second wife :)

I don't get out much, but THAT THERE, that was funny!!!

Congrats to the OP!!!

Adios Pantalones said:
Good for you my man!! Best thing I ever did was marrying... my second wife :)

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together

That's right! Everyone should marry a practice wife! My second was a keeper!

Congrats and clever engagement. Mine was lame.... both times. Creativity is not my strong suit. Actually haven't found my strong suit... Congrats ! A spring wedding? Chainsaws on the cake?

Congratulations, brilliant way of popping the question!!!!!!

When you think about the cake....... think about this........

cake.jpg

Congrats. I have been holding off all day telling you the same thing my wife's uncle told us when we told him we were engaged. "That is great. Why should you two be any happier than the rest of us.".

He told us that 37 years ago.

Congratulations! May your marriage last longer than ours. We'll be 50 years so we're 10 ahead of Craig.

Congratulations! The dog tag will make a great keepsake Christmas ornament too! (Have the back engraved with the date!)
That's wonderful, hope you all have a long happy run together. :)

Congratulations! It's an exciting time. Enjoy it!

pen

Oh, mush.... that was just a sweet way to ask her. I'm a sop.... sniff, sniff.

Congrats!

From someone who's celebrating # of yrs. married more that Craig and slightly less than BS. My first hitch at this marriage thing has been my best!

Backwoods Savage said:
Congratulations! May your marriage last longer than ours. We'll be 50 years so we're 10 ahead of Craig.
My congratulations as well, 42 years here, so I am between the big guy and Dennis. It's been a journey. :)

My wife and I have been happily married for 20 years , the only problem is that we have been married for 23 years. :roll:

15 years of marriage . . . working on Year 16. First marriage for me . . . and she was a keeper (second for her . . . the first one was just for practice I guess). I truly find her to be the most beautiful and perfect woman . . . most beautiful and perfect for me . . . and to me that is all that matters.

I proposed to her many years ago in Bethel, ME . . . or near Bethel, ME near the Screw Auger Falls . . . figured if she said no I could always leap to my death . . . and yes I am kidding. Worse part was when I asked her there was a very long pause . . . I think it was one of the few times I have actually surprised her.

Status
Not open for further replies.