I just picked up a Quadrafire Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
....for my basement space; I had built my own pad with my buddy a few days ago and I will post pics soon.

Stove was $1,599 plus tax b/c I had placed a deposit before the promo ended last month.

..now is time to start shopping around for pipes....

geek said:
....for my basement space; I had built my own pad a few days ago and I will post pics soon.

Stove was $1,599 plus tax b/c I had placed a deposit before the promo ended last month.

..now is time to start shopping around for pipes....

Looks like you and I are going to learn together! I got one for the same price and it's sitting here just waiting to be fed!

Congrats! We're looking into the Castile. Which I beleive is the same as the Santa Fe, just with a different exterior...and slightly smaller hopper.

Skier76 said:
Congrats! We're looking into the Castile. Which I beleive is the same as the Santa Fe, just with a different exterior...and slightly smaller hopper.

As you see from my sig, I have both the Castile and Sante Fe. Haven't used them yet. Just looking at them for a few months! They are supposed to be the same internally but things ARE arranged a little differently internally. I wasn't aware that the hoppers were different capacity. I guess we'll find out. The Castile with the mahogany finish is absolutely beautiful but you pay for it!!! When you're married, function has NOTHING to do with what you purchase. So, I have a Sante Fe and she has a Castile......... :eek:)

stove placed on pad and base, not installed though and I haven't installed the wood trim around the pad base yet.

picture 1:

Attachments

• Santa Fe1 small.jpg
    Santa Fe1 small.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 350
corners are 4 and a half inches away from wall..

Attachments

• Santa Fe3 small.jpg
    Santa Fe3 small.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 372
another shot....

Attachments

• Santa Fe4 small.jpg
    Santa Fe4 small.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 336
different view....

Attachments

• Santa Fe5 small.jpg
    Santa Fe5 small.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 329
another....

Attachments

• Santa Fe6 small.jpg
    Santa Fe6 small.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 369
Very nice setup
Betcha can't wait to fire it up.

Did you keep your Englander?

thanks jay.....hoping I have room to clean the cleanout tee back there......

tink, yes I have the Englander on the 1st floor.
This Santa Fe is in the finished basement space (about 750 sq. ft. or more)...I put a LOT of sweating working in this basement, some things I paid and helped but dry walls and 2x2 drop ceiling tiles did myself with a friend.....I am very proud of it.....:)

Now is just a matter of shopping for piping and then installation (dealer quoted $300 for labor and don't know yet if install myself, still undecided.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.