I love cutting wood....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Wright

Minister of Fire
Dec 26, 2013
Delaware
www.nwedj.com
and it also feels good to be done for the year. :)

This old red maple was the last of the storm cleanup. The top was broken out and splintered. It really wasn't worth saving. Guess I'll get the little tractor and cart out there tomorrow and load it to the yard with the rest. Two damaged trees and a bunch of blown out tops, we got around 3 cord, all told.

100_1934.JPG 100_1935.JPG 100_1936.JPG

Fred, I've been following your posts for the past couple months, man you have been cleaning up and kicking A#%, looks good, Its not to wet back there after this weeks rain?

Reactions: Fred Wright
Same here Fred, not crazy about splitting and stacking but it's a necessary evil. My favorite part is what I'm doing right now, sitting in front of a warm stove watching tv and enjoying the fruits of my labor

Life is GOOOOOD when ya gets ta dat point!:cool:

The snow missed us; it hit north of the canal as it usually does. The rain we got but the woods weren't pigged up, thank goodness.

Was hauling the last load out this morning and saw a blown down red maple just across the property line. Shut the buggy off and walked over to eyeball it. I was tempted to go to the neighbor's and ask about it... but we have no place to put the wood.

100_1937.JPG 100_1938.JPG 100_1939.JPG

Sure is Ralphie Boy! Cut about 1/2 cord Ash this morning, had to carry it all up out of the creek bed and loaded it in the truck. Added it to the pile of rounds which is exceeding 3 cord by now and back to the couch after a hot shower and some college football with a hot cup of coffee. Life is good brother ;)

Too bad my Irish season has gone down the toilet

Same here Fred, not crazy about splitting and stacking but it's a necessary evil. My favorite part is what I'm doing right now, sitting in front of a warm stove watching tv and enjoying the fruits of my labor
Yes! 4 above F outside now and 69 inside from free scrounge wood! Priceless!

Reactions: D8Chumley
and it also feels good to be done for the year. :)

This old red maple was the last of the storm cleanup. The top was broken out and splintered. It really wasn't worth saving. Guess I'll get the little tractor and cart out there tomorrow and load it to the yard with the rest. Two damaged trees and a bunch of blown out tops, we got around 3 cord, all told.

View attachment 146036 View attachment 146037 View attachment 146038
It looks like a lot of noodling was done.... I imagine those rounds would have been real back breakers!

Reactions: Fred Wright
Status
Not open for further replies.