I made a new friend stacking wood this evening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
this guy loves to hang out with us....
L61DddXo9QaIXGmyu0LKOSPDN2GdCXs95DH_YFmQ9RoHuNWIGrSqETsHPfdOr8pMlJGsbdmKHW0Fu9776Pp=w822-h616-no.jpg

I can tell bt the head its not venomous...
.without doin research....what kind is it
just a general run of the mill garter snake. He's been around for a while. i'm just glad he moved outside, and is no longer under out bathtub

Moving my continued wood stack so I can put my new wood racks in....I found my missing buddy...n a few little ring necks that were to fast to get a pic...

0624181239.jpg

Had visitor last Sunday, Ground Hog, young one, maybe 4 #. It also met the springers , that did not go well for the hog. No remorse here as I do not need them burrowing down next to foundation. Believe it or not dang things are protected here unless providing a menace to live stock.

Reactions: mountain man 2
I usually have snakes in my wood stacks every year, usually garter snakes but had some ring necks like mountain mans one year. One baby ended up in my living room, I think the cat took it in, first thought was my wife bought a toy snake for the cat to play with, until it moved.