I may cry a little....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
Flatbedford said:
Stuff like that tends to even out over the years with friends.

Yep. I use the saying - "I don't keep score".
I had a friend that always kept score. Couldn't take favors as it would haunt him as an unpaid debt. He always insisted on paying. Funny thing was, it was hard to get him to take my money whenever the table turned. In fact he relished holding my debt so he could call it in at his convenience.

I used the term "friend" loosely. Real friends don't keep score.

I had a friend ask jokingly but I could tell that he was hoping i would jump in and say yes. Truth is that I am not 3 yrs ahead and would probably have been very close to running out of wood this year before I wanted to. Even through my back issues and surgery I have been able to maintain my wood supply, even if I have had to buy a few cords early in the season so i make sure it is seasoned. He and his brothers wait until fall to process wood. If I thought he would change, i may have given him some wood - but I will wait until he asks me one spring or winter to go out and gather some wood for the following years. I do let him use my splitter of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.