I need help setting my Johnson Controls A419

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warno

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2015
illinois
I'm in the stages of staying everything up in my boiler project but I can't get my aquastat to turn my fan on. It's a Johnson Controls A419ABC-1 aquastat.

I have power to the aquastat
Aquastat is set for heating
It's in "cut-out" mode
Set point at 170 ::F
Differential at 5 ::F
Everything has continuity

I'm alittle confused by the ASD and the SF features. I'm not sure if they have anything to do with it not kicking in the fan. The temperature is reading 94 on the display. The LED light is on.

Could anyone help me out here?

I've had my go rounds with mine over the couple years I've had it, but eventually got it working the way I wanted.

What exactly do you want it to do?

Would also need to know what terminals you're hooked to inside - c/no, or c/nc.

The ASD & SF things shouldn't affect you any. Unless the ASD is set high & you're repeatedly trying things in intervals less than the ASD is set for. Or the sensor is wonky, which doesn't sound like since you're getting a temp displayed.

when you power up are you letting it go through the display cycle, the asd setting determines the time of the cycling till the contacts and the sensor temp is displayed.

I got it figured out. I finally got ahold of a tech support person from johnson controls after going through about, what seemed like, 20 different phone calls.

I had the white wire from my fan to the "common" side of the relay. Which is actually where a hot wire goes to give the relay power to operate my fan. It seemed weird that they label that as a "common" when it's a "hot" but a simple jumper wire from aquastat hot to relay hot and is good to go. Thanks for help guys.

Reactions: Smoke Signals
Status
Not open for further replies.