I Sit Here And Am So Thankful For 30 F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on where you live I suspect this is the saying everywhere . . . seeing as I have heard it here in Maine and in at least one other region of the country. :)
Not here, Jake! It takes 6 weeks for our weather to change at all. Just ask Phil.

punxsutawney-phil.jpg

Reactions: BrotherBart
Only had to load the stove twice yesterday! actually let it burn down to a point I had to go collect some kindling to re-start it!

Reactions: PapaDave
Hmmmm, roasted wood chuck , I thinks the girls ( avatar )would enjoy that.

-25 wind chill yet again. According to Minnesota public radio it is the 17th coldest winter on record in this state.

We're at 41 days below zero this Winter so far, the record is 60 days back in 1977/78! Definitely one of the coldest Winters on record for us.

21F here which is cold for us. The T6 is chewing through wood quickly. Fortunately it's locust, so fire tending is only 3 times a day.

I estimated two weeks ago that I had burned more wood this winter than than I ever had for an entire winter. And it is going to continue to be extremely cold for as far as the forecast runs.

I think this is the most wood I've ever burned also--to this point. Another day below zero.

The devastating cold is back. Been 10 days since it was above zero over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.