I think im doing something wrong..... ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author="Hogwildz" date="1328789415"]You don't necessarily need alot of flames the entire burn cycle.
More air = faster burn, and loading more often before coals burn down = more coal buildup.
Try different settings on the air control, lowering it each time and check the stack to see if smoke comes out or not. Flames don't always tell the story, but smoke or no smoke coming out of the stack does.
You may find you can turn the air down lower, for longer burns eliminating the need to keep feeding the stove.[/quote

I totally understand and agree... Ulmmim leaning towards not ideal wood right now. What dcs you is IDEAL moisture content?. I have been poking my head outside to check smoke and sometimes clear as a whistle and sometimes a small amount... I've been trying to adjust to keep stove temp to 450-500 but can't stay consistant.

HotCoals said:
Cris-crossing your load like that will will make it burn up faster.
Keep it packed as tight as you can and try it.
Other then that I agree with all the other post..some good advice.
You do run your blower right?

Yes I run my blower usually on low to keep temps up in the stove

Status
Not open for further replies.