I think that it is time that I admit that I have a problem....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ploughboy said:
I had to have more, always more. And increasingly harder woods.
I'm working on a couple of Black Locust scores, but I'm almost hoping they fall through. I'm worried that if I try it I'll never be able to get off the stuff.
Great post, funny stuff! :lol:

BrotherBart said:
One afternoon I heard the door slam and a car drive off. On the table in the hall was a note from a lawyer telling me my wife had filed for divorce and was taking the kids with her. I cried for about ten minutes and then went to see if anybody had scored any more free wood off of craigslist.
:lol:

Yeah, the family and neighbors think I am obssessed to some degree like the rest of us here, until they quietly melt into the couch on a cold winter day and don't want to leave. Then, all is forgotten.

The stove gives me all the love and warmth that I used to get from everybody. It is a lonely world here. :smirk:

More bad news....I had a secret stash of some of the sweetest tinder you'd ever seen. Primo stuff, like you really can't find anymore..it will light if you rub it too hard, a combination of milkweed down, inner birch bark and just a pinch of the small hemlock twigs you find down on the trunk, the ones that usually are still dry after even the heaviest rainstorm.....aaaaaahhh. Well, I was saving it for next Winter and a special occasion. My wife was down in my shop looking for something and found it. When she confronted me with it I really didn't know what to say and I panicked. I said it belonged to one of my best friends, and she knows that he burns too, so maybe she bought it. I'm so ashamed.

OK it's bad,
Went on scrounging overtime since the snow melted and seem to be finding it all over, filled all the pallets I used over this winter added a few more and starting splitting and stacking on them. See a CL add for free wood about 8 miles away figure I could use a little more to round off the piles, pull 4 trailer loads home and pile them up by the splitter finaly get around to start splitting instead of collecting more, about an hour into it I realize I've got alot more wood then I think, really should stop. A half hour later my hero neighbor ( he's my hero because he is 80 heats almost entirely with scrounge wood he cuts and splits swings a mean maul ) comes over and says " they starting cutting an ash 2 blocks away if I want any" most of the stuffs to big for him to handle by himself so its kind of asking for help. In my hjaste to get there I spill bar oil all over my saw, leave splits were they fell, practically leave the splitter running.

my half
rounding out stacks

Attachments

• a little ash.jpg
    a little ash.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 137
Hi. My name is snowleopard, and I am a woodstalker.

I saw a couple of wood trucks hauling on the road the other day. Everyone else was trying to get around them. I followed them, estimating length and cordage as I drove. When they turned off to a mill, I followed them, and got the name and number of the dealer who was driving one of the trucks.

My babies need shoes, and I bought a chainsaw. And an F-250 flatbed.

Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.