Ideal Steel Arrived and Installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KennyK

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2011
Boston
Here she is!

Glenn and Jack from Woodstock delivered and installed my IS yesterday, direct from factory! As to be expected from this company, these two were great guys and did an amazing job! They charged significantly less than other companies offered, and I'm sure knew more about what they were doing, making it look easy to get the IS in our home and set up! Prior to the delivery, I had told them I would make them breakfast when they got here, and Jack surprised me showing up with a dozen and a half eggs laid the day before from his personal chickens! They got the stove in my home, adjusted my liner and got everything installed in two hours and fifteen minutes! Then we all broke bread and had a nice hang! Man, talk about service!

I love how the custom art came out (and yes, I did get two sets of andirons, as I wanted the music clefs but my kids really wanted the dragons!), and think the stove looks great! I feel that the combination/contrast with my 1890s home works. I must admit, the IS looks pretty gigantic in the room, which is my only concern (aesthetically), but hopefully we'll get used to that and love it come next winter. Temps just dropped low enough right now and I'm doing my first break in fire. Got the secondaries going, and it's all looking very cool. Already with the first break in fire I'm feeling a little better about the size component of the aesthetics in the room, as it looks so awesome!

Cheers to Woodstock!

IMG_3207.JPG IMG_3208.JPG IMG_3209.JPG IMG_3210.JPG IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3214.JPG IMG_3218.JPG IMG_3219.JPG IMG_3220.JPG IMG_3221.JPG IMG_3222.JPG IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3284.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3293.JPG IMG_3296.JPG

Last edited:
Here she is!

Glenn and Jack from Woodstock delivered and installed my IS yesterday, direct from factory! As to be expected from this company, these two were great guys and did an amazing job! They charged significantly less than other companies offered, and I'm sure knew more about what they were doing, making it look easy to get the IS in our home and set up! Prior to the delivery, I had told them I would make them breakfast when they got here, and Jack surprised me showing up with a dozen and a half eggs laid the day before from his personal chickens! They got the stove in my home, adjusted my liner and got everything installed in two hours and fifteen minutes! Then we all broke bread and had a nice hang! Man, talk about service!

I love how the custom art came out (and yes, I did get two sets of andirons, as I wanted the music clefs but my kids really wanted the dragons!), and think the stove looks great! I feel that the combination/contrast with my 1890s home works. I must admit, the IS looks pretty gigantic in the room, which is my only concern (aesthetically), but hopefully we'll get used to that and love it come next winter. Temps just dropped low enough right now and I'm doing my first break in fire. Got the secondaries going, and it's all looking very cool. Already with the first break in fire I'm feeling a little better about the size component of the aesthetics in the room, as it looks so awesome!

Cheers to Woodstock!!!

View attachment 226487 View attachment 226488 View attachment 226489 View attachment 226490 View attachment 226491 View attachment 226492 View attachment 226493 View attachment 226494 View attachment 226495 View attachment 226496 View attachment 226497 View attachment 226498 View attachment 226499 View attachment 226500 View attachment 226501 View attachment 226502

I just broke a sweat and peed my pants! Congrats!