Ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
We have a cold spot in our house when using the gas furnace. Since I’m switching to the boiler using the furnace blower and water to air exchanger I want to take care of the problem. It’s the entire second floor. It’s nive with the radiant heat from the wood furnace but seriously lacking with the gas.

https://www.heatandcool.com/downloa...duct/6066/awuf_series_installation_manual.pdf

I’m thinking about this and tying it into the trunk line on the second floor to boost heat upstairs and allow separate control up there. Just add an exchanger like I will above the furnace. Think this might work?

Our house at one time was heated with two 200,000 btu oil furnaces, one downstairs and one upstairs. Over the years the house was insulated and the upstairs furnace was removed, however our upstairs was freezing. I ran a heat trunk upstairs through the ceiling into the attic and converted the tiny supply ducts to returns. We now have a few degree difference compared to a 20 degree difference before. While there may have been a better way, it was very cost effective and did the job.