Identify Insert with a shoddy picture?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbeech

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2011
Southern IN
I KNOW this picture is horrible, but hopefully you can make out the logo on the front and be able to identify this for me. My dad currently has this in his house and does not use it. Said he would give it to me if it fits in my fireplace. He's always had drafting issues and I don't believe I would suffer the same fate.

So, if you can give me some info on it, that would be great. If you can't, I can take another picture tonight and upload.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG958669.jpg
    IMG958669.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 351
central_scrutinizer said:
Looks like an Oak insert. ???

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find anything from Google on an Oak insert. Link?

Wasn't that called the "Living Oak" woodstove or something like that?

Shari said:
Wasn't that called the "Living Oak" woodstove or something like that?

Can't find anything about it... hmmmmm

I've done a google search and searched hearth.com - can't find anything.

I know I have seen the etching before........... hmmmmmmm....

For some reason I am recalling these stoves were sold by a church or religious group to garner funds for their projects.

Sorry I can't help further.........

Maybe one of the other gurus will pop in here to help.

Here is a somewhat better picture, but honestly, still blurry. I guess if you're going to do something, you have to do it yourself. Those iPhones with no flash aren't doing anything for me.

Attachments

• woodstove-lessblurry.jpg
    woodstove-lessblurry.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.