Igniter question -25pdv (pu-cha)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgh614

Feb 7, 2015
Pickerington, oh
Been loving my stove for five years without issue. Mfg 6/06. Sole source of heat.
Igniter haven't been working for a few weeks and am wondering if this is in need of replacement or is there carbon built up on it? Tried to take out the rear, but isn't simply sliding out after removing set screw. Assuming it isn't threaded and need to work harder at it.
Can I tap it from the front? Am I missing something or being too careful?

Welcome to the forum:) Did you test the igniter first using an electric cord? Unplug stove before working inside the cabinet...
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pdv-25-englander.127108/#post-1709807

I've tried to find info in the manual about replacing the igniter - everything else but!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...lls-pot-and-doesnt-light.130956/#post-1761586

The post from stoveguy2esw -- I know this is a different model but it mentions a set screw which probably positions it within the igniter channel.

Last edited:
thank you Lake Girl for the information and links to... The electric chord idea sounds good. And the cleaning tips.

I was able to pull that set screw, but it only allows the igniter to move a 1/4" or so. haven't been able to completely remove it. Basically concerned of breaking the "element." I am assuming / hoping it needs cleaned in that area and would like to confirm operation.

Anyone know if I can use a punch to push the igniter out the back?
Is there anything else, other than the set screw holding it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.