Igniton problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joejhiggs

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2009
NM
Hi everyone,
I have had a Quad 1000 since I bought it in 1992. A while back I put the metal fire pot in it. In 2003 I had it rebuilt, new fans, thermocouple and control box ECT. I recently started having ignition problems. It fails to ignite sometimes once a day as much as four times. There are always unburned pellets in the fire pot. The pot is Sometimes ¼ full sometime as much as ¾ full. Only three or so pellets are showing signs of being burnt. I have cleaned the stove completely including the fire pot and the port to the igniter. Bypassed the vacuum switch and checked the thermocouple. The red and green lights on the control box work as they should. Have removed control box, opened it up and everything looks as new and checked all connections. I have checked everything I can think of including everything I have learned here at the hearth. It seems that it happens when the stove is already warm. When it’s cold it seems to work every time. The problem appears that the igniters is not coming on or not long enough to start the fire. The second problem is why does the stove keep dumping pellets, as much as ¾ full when there is no fire.
I need your help as I have been waking up to cold mornings. Even here in NM the temps in the morning are in the teens.
Thanks Everyone, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.