I'm not ready...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
I mean, I have pellets and my stove is good to go. I'm just not ready for cold and snow. Last year really took antoll and this summer wasn't much either, lots and lots of rain and heat and of course Irene.

It almost seems like we just finished last winter and here we are again, time really moves when you are busy with work and family...

Me niether! But we can't stop her, so we better settle in. I was hoping to get on the water one last time today. But my son felt we would be too cold. So we stayed home to further our readyness for you know what! I don't even want to say the word!

You fire the stove yet?

I'm with you Jim! I have way too many fun hobbies and burning
pellets sure isn't one of them. Haven't fired the stove yet and am not looking
forward to needing it. Went for a three hour tour on the motorcycle today
despite 50 degrees and overcast skies. Looks like temps in the 20's
coming along next week though so the party might be over soon.

Ayuh, it is going to happen. I need to get my fat butt in gear and get that rail put on the ramp before I fall and hit my head again like last year. With the ramp there, I can load a cart or a sled and pull in right up and into the porch with 6 bags of pellets from the garage.
I hate the cold, but I do enjoy having a view into the woods once the leaves are off.
We plan one more day trip. Hopefully up the observation tower at Bucksport. Something we started doing for our anniversary, number 42 on Tuesday.

Just got to get the gardens buttoned up and a couple more staples in the larder.

Secured a supply of winter squash today as ours didn't amount to much this year, and at no cost to boot.

I already have the snow blower outside and have turned it over and made sure it all works.

Now I don't mind the cold anywhere as near as the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.