imacman which pellet you like the best

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
iMac which pellet in are area do you like the best.1 for winter and 1 for shoulder season.
southern dutchess

If the local "big box" stores get them in stock, I'm looking to get another ton of Somersets, or if those aren't available, then Green Teams. Those would be my "cold weather" pellets.

If I was looking for "shoulder" pellets, Stove Chows, FireSide Ultra, or Premier would be good.

Stay far away from North American Pellets (re-bagged Currans) and Green Supreme (re-bagged NEWP).....that's what's in the local big box stores near me at present time...(YUCK).

I'll second the vote for Somersets.
Still the hottest pellet I've burned to date.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I didn't,My brother did,I've been to a lot of basket ball games.I took the uncle Sam route instead of college .

I think you mean North American. Northern are a sister to Cubex and are very good pellets IMHO. North American are sisters to the Curran blend.
OOOOOPSIE....yep, my mistake on the name....It's North American that are poor.....corrected my post above. Thanks Jay!

Have not seen any somersets in the hudson valley this year. Last year got them in Lowe's Poughkeepsie NY Thanks to Imacman for letting me know they had them:) . Last year tried some Green Supreme I will not buy again !!!! I have never had a bad ton with the Somersets. Pellets are small and easy on the auger moter, great heat only a little ash.

I think you mean North American. Northern are a sister to Cubex and are very good pellets IMHO. North American are sisters to the Curran blend.
Agreed. I am a huge Northern fan, North Americans... I'd burn them but won't pay much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.