Insane burn on BK Parlor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thats one of the reasons I chose to go with this line of stoves as my son and I sell a lot of firewood to help get him through school.
Maybe a good job for a teenager, who doesn't have many other opportunities to make money. But processing and selling firewood without the aid of a wood processor is a mighty tough way for an adult to make a few bucks, no? Maybe a little more enjoyable than other jobs, but the hourly rate must be near minimum wage, for an awful lot of wear and tear on the joints.

Reactions: webby3650
Maybe a good job for a teenager, who doesn't have many other opportunities to make money. But processing and selling firewood without the aid of a wood processor is a mighty tough way for an adult to make a few bucks, no? Maybe a little more enjoyable than other jobs, but the hourly rate must be near minimum wage, for an awful lot of wear and tear on the joints.
I didn't say I was quitting my day job! Lol I also started a lawn care business before he left HS. He makes more money mowing that's for sure. He can also make more in a weekend splitting firewood than he could make all week at McDonalds and you set your own schedule. It has worked out well for him.

Thats one of the reasons I chose to go with this line of stoves as my son and I sell a lot of firewood to help get him through school.
That's smart, but, hard work! Good way to instill a good work ethic, and demonstrate that life can sometimes be easier (or perhaps just less punishing) with more education.

I'm sure I could pay for the more expensive stove just by selling some of the wood I've accumulated. That said, my house benefits from big heat output, low and slow wouldn't be much use currently. Have to think about this more after I get everything tightened up and insulated.

That's smart, but, hard work! Good way to instill a good work ethic, and demonstrate that life can sometimes be easier (or perhaps just less punishing) with more education.

I'm sure I could pay for the more expensive stove just by selling some of the wood I've accumulated. That said, my house benefits from big heat output, low and slow wouldn't be much use currently. Have to think about this more after I get everything tightened up and insulated.
I was blessed with a son that's not lazy.he knows if he wants anything that he has to get his butt up in the morning and strap on those boots and get after it.he doesn't mind a work out. He played football and wrestled at a high level for years. Wood cutting is easy...lol

I'll go farther, and say my combustor is still in Active range after 36 hours, with that pile of tennis ball-sized coals on the floor.

What stovetop temp do you figure you had at that point?

Stove top temps aren't very applicable to measure output from a cat stove. The active cat is over 500 degrees.

No idea. Stove has a convection top, so no way to measure stovetop temp without some disassembly required. I'll just say they're still cranking out pretty constant heat, albeit on a very low burn setting to hit those burn times.