Insert, Installed on Monday Afternoon, Sierra, before and after pictures, too hot here for a real bu

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethepup

Hearth Supporter
Aug 3, 2008
Central Kentucky
Here it is before,

IMG_0944.jpg

Here is the insert starting all fired up.

P1050627.jpg

Another shot, looks like fireworks in side.

P1050629.jpg

And one more setting on low after burning for about 15 minutes or so.

P1050646.jpg

I know one thing it was too hot today to burn it very long. The installed said when it cooled down open up the house and burn it on high for a couple of hours, to get that new paint smell burnt off.

So that will give me some time to read the manual, I know there will be a learning curve but I think I will like it. The install went real easy, no real surprises the only thing even after I thought I had cleaned very well, as far as I could reach when they put the pipe in still lots of black soot came tubbling down, well it seemed like a lot, all the tables in the den and kitchen counter had to be wiped clean. We will have to tackle the rest of the house tonight.

The pellet brand is Country Boy never heard anyone here say anything about them here on the forum. Since of course never owning a pellet stove I have no idea if these are good or not but that is what the installer sells, so I thought I would get a ton and buy a few bags here and there and see if one brand is better than another. They don't seem to have much dust in them but I have nothing to judge them by.

I still need to get a 12 volt battery, so if the electric goes out, I did purchase the cable that hooks to the battery and man it was way over priced 29.95 for about two feet of cable, one Red wire one black wire, with rounded ends on one side of the cable and on the other end two push in type connectors. I see nothing special about the cable at all, they are still in the box I will take a picture of it and post that picture also, but it will be later today or tonight.

I am not sure if my journey has ended or just begun.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, I always like it when someone post pictures of their stove.

Don't see any pics, just jpg titles.

(EDIT) NEVER MIND.. Trying to view it at work & the IT police block photobucket. It's only showing the alt='name'. I'll look from home...

I see them now, NICE!!!

My Lopi Leyden stove is being installed as I type this. I'll post pics (before & after) after it's all complete.

Dang the bad luck.... I have to wait till I get home to see the Pics too

The Country Boy White Lightning Pellets is one of the brands made in KY, Maybe not to far from you...Everything I have read has been very positive. They are from Southern Kentucky Hardwood Flooring Gamaliel, Ky. 42140

That is a nice install!

Steve

Thanks everyone for their comments, I really think I am going to like the insert. I could not sleep this morning so I got up fired the stove up and got on the forum. Honest it is a little warm for the stove to burn but I had to play with it.

I thought I would post a picture of this 29.00 cable. For about 3 dollars worth of parts from Radioshack you could make one, so if someone is out there and thinking about purchasing a cable like this and it might be different on other stoves but I would suggest you make your own.

Here is picture of the cable.

IMG_0979.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.