Insert Recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well I pulled the trigger on the Escape 1800. Ordered the insert and face plate from the big box lumber yard that has the 11% off sale going on right now. When I get the rebate check I will have to go to the store and use it to order the chimney liner kit that they offer. Works out to be less that $1300 with tax. Not bad! I'll see what it looks like when it gets here but I may order a better chimney top plate from one of the suppliers that advertises on this site. I like the terra-cotta top plate that they offer. I will have my welder buddy make a block off plate and probably have him come out and cut the damper and fire box to fit the insert and liner. Opinions? do I need to insulated the liner? The liner for the Tundra is not insulated as it wouldn't fit in the chimney that way and is seems to stay pretty clean.

Reactions: Woody Stover