Insulating Liner Advice Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2014
Eden, NY
When I wrap my liner with the insulation blanket, how far down should I insulate it? Should I stop the insulation before it comes through the lower block off plate?

thank you!

Yes....wrap the entire length of the liner except where it comes through the block off plate. I am stuffing a bunch of Roxul around my block off plate, so as to insulate to prevent me losing a bunch of heat up the chimney also. I am doing the same thing at my house. I just finished our church parsonage and now can turn my attention to getting mine done. My stove is very tight in my firebox on top so I won't have but 5-7 inches of pipe sticking out of my block off plate before it attaches to the stove.

My installer wrapped mine with a thin steel wire. The tape was only to hold it while they wired it. I thought this was how they're all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will that foil HVAC tape that comes with the kids be able to hold up to the heat put off by the stove?
Yes the tape holds up Ihave puled liners after 15 years and the tape is still stuck. But the stainless mesh sleeve is there to back the tape up anyway.

Reactions: Fivehorizons88
Status
Not open for further replies.