IR Thermometer LT300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT300 User

Jun 10, 2014
USA
I purchased a LT300 IR thermometer about three years ago and was happy with the performance for the first two years. After that, the measurements were no longer accurate. I mean they were off by more than 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I thought I just had to make sure the temperature of the unit had stabilized with the environment before taking measurements. However, no matter how many times I tried, the readings would fluctuate widely while holding the pointer in the same place at the same large object. More recently, I tried it again and it is completely defective and malfunctioning. I set the max and min to the widest range possible, but holding the trigger and pointing it at the floor or wall causes the reading to start off with fluctuations of around 50 degrees per second, then after a few seconds, the fluctuations are around 500 degrees per second, then finally it just beeps with a beeping sound and displays low at the top right and high at the bottom middle. It's now totally useless. I can't return it because it is out of warranty. I only was able to use it a few times over the 3 years I had it, so I am very disappointed. I tried resetting it several times and replacing the batteries but no luck. I tried varying all of the settings/modes, but nothing fixes it. It just keeps beeping when I click the trigger. Any other suggestions? Cheap Chinese quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.