IRS tax credit on Bio-mass fuel products include parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
I can't find a definitive answer if the credit includes all associated parts to make the stove work. I see that installation can be included, but can the vent pipe, hearth pad, silicone, etc.. be included in the cost? It is needed for the safe and proper function of the unit to run, not to mention about $700 in cost above the stoves cost for me and I installed it. Since I guess I work for free the installation cost would not be included. So will I be able to add the "parts" cost into the total?

the way I understand the credit you can indeed take the 30% on the venting and hearthpad, and silicone as well.

Delta-T said:
the way I understand the credit you can indeed take the 30% on the venting and hearthpad, and silicone as well.

I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned, since you HAVE to have the venting AND hearth pad to operate these stoves as the manufacturer says in all the owners manuals, they are included in the credit.....period!

the real question now is.....can you take the credit on the permitting fee? Round here 30% would be like $9!!

Delta-T said:
the real question now is.....can you take the credit on the permitting fee? Round here 30% would be like $9!!

Who knows about that type thing....why don't you put that on your 2009 tax return, and let us all know how you make out.....LOL.

all the parts to hook it up safely and legally qualify.

macman said:
Delta-T said:

Who knows about that type thing....why don't you put that on your 2009 tax return, and let us all know how you make out.....LOL.

Can do macman, can do. think they'll gimme crap for trying to get the credit without having purchased a stove this year? I guess we'll see.

macman said:
Delta-T said:

I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned, since you HAVE to have the venting AND hearth pad to operate these stoves as the manufacturer says in all the owners manuals, they are included in the credit.....period!

Since ya gotta have pellets to operate the stove, guess they must qualify, too?

hossthehermit said:
......Since ya gotta have pellets to operate the stove, guess they must qualify, too?

I think you might be stretching it a little bit Hoss......but, hey, give it a shot and let us all know what the IRS thinks.... :)

all accessories are included, installation, pipe, the stove....30% of the cost, up to $1500......which means that if its over $4500 total, youre good, but anything above that, not credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.