Is Godin Stove still in existence?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gmdyke

Jan 18, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I see several threads about Godin wood/coal stoves here, but none after 2014. Googling 'godin stove' produces no company website or dealers in USA or Canada. Is this company still in existence?

Yes, no Peugeot/Citroen sales here either.

FWIIW, My friend heats with a petit Godin, his son in law just bought one in Spain he liked it so much

This brings back good memories for me, when we bought our house in 1989 it had a Godin wood/coal stove in it, the larger one about 3 feet tall, I cut my woodburning teeth on that stove! I only used wood in it, and it was a very good stove; I sold it when I actually won a stove in a raffle in 1992 at a local stove shop but it was junk, an Efel with a cat converter in it, used it one season, sold it and bought a Dovre Aurora in 1993 that I still use to this day.

But the Godin was cool, heated quickly, only drawback if there was one there was no glass to watch the fire, only a small piece of Mica on the bottom and all I saw were red coals!

I hope that stove is still in use somewhere.....