Is it Art or a wood splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dune

Minister of Fire
that log splitter, is bad A$$....would of picked better colors. but not for me to decide. great vid.

That is quite a unit. Almost to purdy to use.

KC

That is one kick butt splitter and I like the colors for some odd reason they look cool on that unit!

Ray

Yeah anticlimactic not one log splitt!

Definitely diggin' the grap a big split vertical and turn it horizontal with the hydraulics. Makes the most of a Horz/Vert unit with a log table.

I can see he makes better machines than videos. I can't believe they only had still photos of wood splitting and everything else was motion pic. Oh well, he certainly has a better splitter than I could either buy or build. Gives me some ideas for paint jobs though.

Black Jaque Janaviac said:
I can see he makes better machines than videos. I can't believe they only had still photos of wood splitting and everything else was motion pic. Oh well, he certainly has a better splitter than I could either buy or build. Gives me some ideas for paint jobs though.

He is really a machinist first and wood burner second.

The video is from his website, meant to promote his metalworking business first and formost.

Wow! A splitter that Jake and Dennis could love!

Adios Pantalones said:
That powered position change was the bag. Crazy good stuff.

That is the part I thought was pretty awesome. Tilt down, slam a log in there. Pinch it a bit, and stand it back vertical so that you can split in the proper position. Cooooool!

Obviously an incredible machine. 17 or 18 tons, splitting force.

Sooo, how over rated are these machines we all see at the dealers and big box stores?

KC

Funny thing is I was telling my buddy Aaron who some of you met at the Woodstock Open House about Dennis and my great splitting debate and he was joking about joining the forum and starting a thread about splitting wood diagonally . . . and now I see someone has created a wood splitter that can do just that.

I think I like it even more than a log lifter. Just seems damned efficient.

I have wanted to improve on my splitter. The new trailer and the hydraulic raise - lower is cool, and table grate. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.