Is my blower installed wrong?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thillvogelzang

Feb 5, 2022
Indiana
I bought a house that has a Vogelzang TR004 installed. I’m using it for the first time and I’m confused. The blower is sucking air in. I thought it was supposed to be blowing the warm air out into the room. I don’t feel any warm air coming out from anywhere and it’s been burning for about an hour. I only feel the heat when I open the door. Was the blower installed backwards or something?

I tried to post a pic in the first post but it didn’t take it.

D634A727-D29F-43F3-8094-4A01481458C2.jpeg

Thanks for the pics, but the blower is BEHIND the housing.
We need to see how the unit is oriented on the housing.
Check your manual. It should have instructions on how
to remove the blower/housing assembly.

Reactions: clancey
The blower is correctly installed. The tissue is over the blower intake, it should suck air there. The air from the blower blowsinto a plenum across the bottom of the firebox, then up the back, and then out to the front of the stove where it exits at the top.

What begreen said. It looks like hot air should exit just above the door.

Sucks air from the bottom. Air moves through the stove jacket and is heated. Blows out the top through the gap.