Is this a good deal? Hearthstone Harvest $550 w/ pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the other Harvest this morning, 12-13 hours after the last load, the stones were still too hot to leave your hands on. Nice looking stove. It had one cracked stone and at first glance everything seems fine. But there are lots of parts in that secondary chamber that could hold a future problem. Altogether I'm still interested, thanks Brian. I'm still worried about its age and lack of replacement parts. It could mean future problems. I wonder if the stones are still available?

Edit #1: Manufacture date of the stove 11/90, which makes it just over 20 years old.

A cracked stone isn't typically a problem w/ them and can be quite normal. The lack of replacement parts is what concerns me.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.