Is this a wood furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilDave

Nov 22, 2016
North Carolina
If so can I use it indoors? I was told I could from the person I bought it from. Any help with any info on a stove like this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• received_1258757164146065.jpeg
    received_1258757164146065.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 202
  • received_1258762977478817.jpeg
    received_1258762977478817.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 195
  • received_1258783514143430.jpeg
    received_1258783514143430.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 179
was it worth the 330 dollars I gave for it?

I have no idea. I just like that there must be a fun story behind $330. $325 is too low, $340 is too high, but $330 is just about right. By the way, you can totally ignore me, I'm mostly amusing myself right now. :)

Welcome to hearth!

I have no idea. I just like that there must be a fun story behind $330. $325 is too low, $340 is too high, but $330 is just about right. By the way, you can totally ignore me, I'm mostly amusing myself right now. :)

Welcome to hearth!
Thanks for the welcome. They got a water stove to heat the house and the water. That's why they sold this one to get it out of the way is what he told me

It's a wood furnace. It should heat 1300 ft no problem. It will probably eat a lot of wood compared to any newer EPA type furnace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it really look like a Hotblast? I thought it looked like something homemade.

Also looks like pretty small air outlets on it.

Think I would class it 'buyer beware', and 'at your own risk'.

Reactions: laynes69
That's a homemade unit. Because it's not tested for safety, strict clearances would need to be followed. I'd hesitate to connect it to my ductwork, like mentioned....use at your own risk. I've seen many homemade stoves, but the ideal of hooking a homemade furnace to ductwork makes me cringe.

Does it really look like a Hotblast? I thought it looked like something homemade.

Also looks like pretty small air outlets on it.

Think I would class it 'buyer beware', and 'at your own risk'.
The outlets on top are 6". I think it is homemade Firebox is a little smaller than the hotblast. it only has one blower dayton 4C565A.

You aren't the first one to make the purchase and then ask the folks here if you made the wrong move instead of edumicating yourself by asking the folks here before you made the purchase.

Reactions: LilDave
Status
Not open for further replies.