Is this Cheating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies guys and gals(gamma). To answer a few questions I would assume it could hold the weight in that just about any deck can hold a hot tub and that carries alot of weight. I am not going to fill the whole deck because I still do have a concern that it may be too much weight, but it sure is tempting. Sgt, yea the wood piles have grown all around the house, still more wood than I can process in the woods, and I saw the electric company has marked some prime Oak trees of mine for felling. Ticks me off but I guess I understand, but I want the wood! The idea of gate if really not as good as taking it from railing height as I do not have to bend over at railing height.

Loco you are very observant. Another plus of the covered deck it makes a great outdoor frig this time of year. We have had a few parties here and rather than going to the garage or frig we just open the slider to our frig with a view.

Wetwood and Cowboy billy it is sweet to have the machines/toys. The Bobcat can do in about 10 minutes what would take me a month to do with my hand tools. Of course now I had to build a pole barn to hold it and the other toys.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Thanks for the replies guys and gals(gamma). To answer a few questions I would assume it could hold the weight in that just about any deck can hold a hot tub and that carries alot of weight. I am not going to fill the whole deck because I still do have a concern that it may be too much weight, but it sure is tempting. Sgt, yea the wood piles have grown all around the house, still more wood than I can process in the woods, and I saw the electric company has marked some prime Oak trees of mine for felling. Ticks me off but I guess I understand, but I want the wood! The idea of gate if really not as good as taking it from railing height as I do not have to bend over at railing height.

Loco you are very observant. Another plus of the covered deck it makes a great outdoor frig this time of year. We have had a few parties here and rather than going to the garage or frig we just upon the slider to our frig with a view.

Wetwood and Cowboy billy it is sweet to have the machines/toys. The Bobcat can do in about 10 minutes what would take me a month to do with my hand tools. Of course now I had to build a pole barn to hold it and the other toys.

Attachments

• barntopview.jpg
    barntopview.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 224
Yes, cheating. And smart. And now I am jealous of your pole barn. Nice. :lol: Have a good one.

Gasifier said:
Yes, cheating. And smart. And now I am jealous of your pole barn. Nice. :lol: Have a good one.

thanks gasifier, this all started about 3 years ago when I needed to fell a tree that was close to the house. Now 2 new chainsaws later, a Bobcat, Pickup truck, wood haulers, splitters etc. Probably would have been alot cheaper to just pay for the gas. But you teach a man how to fish and he will have fish for a lifetime, or something like that.

Golf, I like what you've done. If that is cheating, let's all be cheaters... That was great too taking apart the carport to make a covering for the wood on the deck. Can I borrow that bobcat for a week?

Backwoods Savage said:
Golf, I like what you've done. If that is cheating, let's all be cheaters... That was great too taking apart the carport to make a covering for the wood on the deck. Can I borrow that bobcat for a week?

Sure Dennis, but I don't have a trailer yet.

Definately cheating. You should now forfeit that bobcat to me. Punishment must fit the crime.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Backwoods Savage said:

No problem. I have a trailer, I will just take it first, then drop it off with Dennis when I am done....

’bert said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
Backwoods Savage said:

No problem. I have a trailer, I will just take it first, then drop it off with Dennis when I am done....
Bert, that would be quite a trip, although I would like to see the Rockies again, you fuel bill may be high. :coolhmm:

It's only cheating if the hand rail comes off & you can dump it right on the deck, & Mrs G&WN; stacks it :)
Great use of the tools yo have.
I bet most of use would have come up with some method. Yours is "Top Notch"
Nice set up.

bogydave said:
It's only cheating if the hand rail comes off & you can dump it right on the deck, & Mrs G&WN; stacks it :)
Nice set up.

Thanks Dave, are you getting much snow yet? I drove through Alaska when I was a kid, on the Alaskan highway on our way to Anchorage. I really enjoyed it.

GolfandWoodNut said:
bogydave said:
Nice set up.

Thanks Dave, are you getting much snow yet? I drove through Alaska when I was a kid, on the Alaskan highway on our way to Anchorage. I really enjoyed it.

To frik'n cold to snow here the past week. We do have about a foot of snow on the ground.
Talked to my Mom in South Park, says still has turnips alive in the garden :)

Attachments

• 100_7077.jpg
    100_7077.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 117
I do the exact same thing with a tractor front loader bucket. Not only does it help me bring the wood to the front porch in the first place but it also saves me a ton of steps walking around the other side of the patio and up the steps!

GolfandWoodNut said:

And I wouldn't get one either. Once they become mobile EVERYBODY has a use for it. :lol:

I sold my superwide tandem axle car hauler for that reason. It hauled other peoples stuff, more than my own. Then of course they don't have a tow vehicle to handle it so the truck goes with. :-S

I don't mind helping friends or family but I was getting calls from people that "heard" I had one. Pfffft.

But as far as "cheating"??? Heck no. I LOVE my mobile hydraulics (backhoe with industrial loader)

bogydave said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
bogydave said:
Nice set up.

To frik'n cold to snow here the past week. We do have about a foot of snow on the ground.

I think I have this very same Oregon Scientific . . .

firefighterjake said:
bogydave said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
bogydave said:
Nice set up.

I think I have this very same Oregon Scientific . . .

Got it Christmas. Pretty darn accurate. It says it's cold out side :)
-12.6 °f right now
A Bobcat would have been a nice gift too. :)

Jags said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

And I wouldn't get one either. Once they become mobile EVERYBODY has a use for it. :lol:

I sold my superwide tandem axle car hauler for that reason. It hauled other peoples stuff, more than my own. Then of course they don't have a tow vehicle to handle it so the truck goes with. :-S

I don't mind helping friends or family but I was getting calls from people that "heard" I had one. Pfffft.

But as far as "cheating"??? Heck no. I LOVE my mobile hydraulics (backhoe with industrial loader)

Good point Jags, you get some friends you didn't even know you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.