Is This Hearthstone Worth It?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that hole in the fireback is because they never cleaned out the ash behind that back plate. common on these hearthstones. if overfired the top baffle (the curved plate at the top of the fire box) is usually melted or sagging. as far as heating capability my manual says if it is a h2 it heats 10,000 cu. ft. and if it is a h1 24,000 cu.ft. that stove that you have pictured has a secondary burn. it's the pipe with the holes in it. does it have a ash pan on the bottom? i ask because i don't see where the fire would get it's primary air. on my h2 the air comes into the back of the stove and into the ash area and there is a grate at the bottom of the firebox to keep the ash pan area clear for the air and i don't see a grate in that stove or a area for primary air. to price out what you need go to www.woodmans.com

frank

Sorry, had National Guard training this past weekend.

Thanks for the info. Umm, that link is for a seafood restaurant? lol

Awesome to hear it has secondary burn. Have to see if they still have it.

it has a secondary burn but is not very good at lower temps so it has to run a little hotter and is fine. http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/
sorry. the restaurant has the best fried clams. been there many times. still family run and the guy who started it is suppose to be the originator of the fried clam.

Status
Not open for further replies.