Is this home made ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't all stoves "homemade" , technically????

That one kinda looks like an "insect" with the legs like they are!!!

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Aren't all stoves "homemade" , technically????

No I don't think so. Unless a factory with an R&D team that has to prove it's product meets UL and now EPA standards is homemade then yes they are all homemade.

Just talked to my buddy again he laughed his but off at the thread and said he won't buy it. Thanks guys !

Pete

That isn't a stove it's an early wood burning Trojan horse stove! Whatever you do do NOT open the door lest the hot coals be set loose and run about setting your hut on fire!! !!!

Ray

welds don't look bad from what I can see in the blury enlarged pic and it was clearly thought out in design - just not sure what the designer was thinking??

It looks like the right side is the only side with the 90 degree legs so I am guessing there is/was/or intended to be something that sits on top of those legs and between that angle tacked to the top edge. Maybe some home brew heat exchanger or something? Depending on if this is an attached garage or out building and what you can get the seller to take for it there is potential. Certainly would want to take an in person self inspection and would never heat my home or garage attached to my home with it. I just paid slightly more than the asking price for an early model NC 12 with 16" of Duravent class A still in th box and never fired out in Nashville, MI - better deals out that in the asking price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.