Is this old boy worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterMech said:
smokinjay said:
Diabel said:
It looks like a top handle...

I thought so its a first model of the 200t. The real issue with them imo is the parts are small and harder to work on. Other than that I would love to have one. I think its a 40cc saw so thats a hot rod for top handle. It shold be able to run as well as your 170.

The 011 shares nothing with the 200t. Except the brand-name. 020t was the ancestor to the 200t and I don't think they changed much other than the number of zeros in the model number.

Really then it would be more like a 192t then. ;-) or kinda like the 170.

Yeah, I slept on it.... and not sure if I want two of the same saws. I have turned my eye toward a nice (apparently) ms 361 for 300.00
I was not going to spend that much but I hear this is the saw to have!!

Diabel said:
Yeah, I slept on it.... and not sure if I want two of the same saws. I have turned my eye toward a nice (apparently) ms 361 for 300.00

jump on that now...do not sleep on it (if you do, send me the listing please)! :)

Diabel said:

Put the 50 bucks into the MS361. The 170 will serve well for the 6" and under stuff. No need for an old, cranky 011.

smokinjay said:
MasterMech said:
smokinjay said:
Diabel said:

I thought so its a first model of the 200t. The real issue with them imo is the parts are small and harder to work on. Other than that I would love to have one. I think its a 40cc saw so thats a hot rod for top handle. It shold be able to run as well as your 170.

The 011 shares nothing with the 200t. Except the brand-name. 020t was the ancestor to the 200t and I don't think they changed much other than the number of zeros in the model number.

Somewhere in the middle, lol. Never cared for the goofy handle on the 011. What is it? Top handle, back handle? It can't make up it's mind! :eek:hh:

MasterMech said:
smokinjay said:
MasterMech said:
smokinjay said:
Diabel said:

Somewhere in the middle, lol. Never cared for the goofy handle on the 011. What is it? Top handle, back handle? It can't make up it's mind! :eek:hh:

I kinda dig it, but I do cut different than most do. Now I have never hand one in my hands though. (subject to change in a heart beat)

Status
Not open for further replies.