issue with black soot coming from pipe connections

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elfsmachone

Feb 23, 2010
upstate ny
this issue just happened recently i have black soot coming from around chimney pieces. hard to get off siding. chimney is clean as far as build up in chimney, seams to be more prevelent near were horizontal piece coming threw the wall connecting to "t" area stainless pipe no block around chimney. thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum elfsmachone.

Do you possibly have the pipe installed upside down? Also if you are seeing this it is an indication that your wood is not dry enough. I hope you have at least next year's wood already put up. Better to be 2-3 years ahead on the wood; that means cut, split and stacked out in the wind.

Good luck.

yeah i do have next years wood aside but was unable to that for this past year so i will plan on doing that for next year and the year after that. i have always had issues with getting good seasoned firewood from an ohnest sorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.