Issues with 2000 series gasket replacement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

unbusted67

Mar 22, 2020
maine
Hello. I just replaced the door gasket on my 2000 series stove and it won’t close now. I replaced it with the recommended 5/8 gasket but now when i close the door there’s a visible gap and the handle just flops loosely. I’m wondering if it’s possible i just pushed the gasket too far into the slot? If so, is there a way to gauge how far it’s supposed to go?

What is a series 2000? Is this the Drolet HT2000?

Could be that the gasket is holding the door open a bit too far for the latch mechanism to grab. Is there a high spot in the gasket? If you press firmly on the door right above the latch as you close the door, does the latch grab?

Could be that the gasket is holding the door open a bit too far for the latch mechanism to grab. Is there a high spot in the gasket? If you press firmly on the door right above the latch as you close the door, does the latch grab?
More like the opposite. It’s like it’s too compressed.

More like the opposite. It’s like it’s too compressed.
If that was the case then there shouldn't be a visible gap and the latch should catch, albeit sloppily.

You said the door won't close now. Sounds like I misinterpreted this. It is possible to mis-install a gasket. And some of the runny adhesives can soak into a gasket and make it stiff for a poor seal. Can you post a picture of the gasket?