It’s the simple things

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
i was loading the wheelbarrow from one of my 3+ year stacks last night to bring up to the deck rack. As I’m loading the splits I come across about a dozen red oak splits. When I stacked that I didn’t know better to separate my great wood from the medium wood. It went right into the “cold weather “ rack with a big smile on my face.

Then today I’m watching some college football after splitting/stacking about 1/2 cord white oak and my son who goes to college in Buffalo walks through the door. He was supposed to come home Tuesday. Life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too!

BAB25747-A353-4E1C-A31C-BCD006C70AD4.jpeg E16722EC-E5D6-4EA9-B403-183D2722A902.jpeg 7C6A9AB7-7820-483F-B1F0-78CAEC38B463.jpeg
Finally got the half dead white oak between the house and the garage taken down about a month ago. Been chipping away at it, 37” at the base. It’s heavy...

Attachments

• D0A15C62-6EC1-47F8-BDEF-641BFB2DDE5D.jpeg
    D0A15C62-6EC1-47F8-BDEF-641BFB2DDE5D.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 195
NIce surprise with your son getting home early. Enjoy the time together. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Yes I have a helper lol. 5 dogs, I wish just one could do something to help me out. At least they keep me company

Last weekend my oldest daughter was riding on the tractor with me, and helped me load the grapple bucket up and stack it in the garage. Not to bad for a little four year old, memories like that last forever fun times.

My dog doesn't help much with the wood but there has not been a single attempt to steal my stove during heating season
We have 4 boxers and a miniature Sheltie. Unless you’re heavily packing, might not be a good idea to step out of your vehicle unless one of us are outside lol. I tell the wife when we get 3-4 50 lb bags of dog food at a time it’s better than paying the alarm company, they don’t love us back :)

I believe the dogs are the ones who benefite from the stove and wood the most. I load the stoves up and who sleeps in front of the all winter long, my to chocolate labs. I leave for work in the morning and there in our finished basement is my older lab lying on his futon eating peanut out of his Kong toy. Tell me who is the smarter one. A rough life they have.

Indeed, HH! I often tell the wife I’d love to trade for a day with any one of them.

Reactions: heavy hammer
My Boston Terrier Mix loves the fire, I’m totally engaged with what your saying. But my dog and probably your dog gave up “SOMETHING “ at about 6 months that we would not haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: heavy hammer
Only the older ( white ) female lost her stuff, after 3 litters/16 beautiful pups. It’s a lot of work! They all went to wonderful homes, and the proceeds paid for the Hearthstone Manchester. Just got a beautiful black female 5 months we might breed. But I’m pickin up what you’re layin down ;)