It is finally here and now it is to damn hot to use it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
They installed my P43 on Wednesday, i burnt it for a few hours to cure the paint. Then set the temp back it shut off and that was it, I am sure it will get colder than the upper 60 and low 70, but for now the Air to Air heat pump is my heat source. A friend of mine was here while it was being installed, he stuck around and was amazed that such a small fire could make so much heat.

Have 2 ton of pellets will probably pick up a couple more next month.

A few pics attached, hopefully
. IMG_0532.JPGIMG_0528.JPGIMG_0527.JPGIMG_0524.JPG

Looks good.. You already have a good set of tools (we notice everything):(

What kind of Surge protector do you have? It either is on a Strip type, or does not have one (from what I can see, there are lots of wires). Just posted this on another thread, so while I still have it copied, I am gonna paste it here too. Its not real expensive. But well worth the protection. Much better than a cheap Strip.
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-UL...B81D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327716671&sr=8-1

Other than that, your Siding looks like mine does in a couple spots. The North side of my house has some bad spots. Time to bust out the pressure washer. Worse this year than any other (that I remember).o_O

This is what it is plugged into now along with the TV and some other items. I am planning on a battery of some sort, just not sure what I want yet. I have been here for just over 3 years and around October the power was off for maybe 3 or 4 hours otherwise just minor outages for very short periods of time.
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=596

Even if you dont lose power, you can still have surges...

The joules rating on that unit is only 550. Which isnt very high. Thats for all 6 plug-ins. The Tripp Lite, is 1,410 (almost triple the protection)

The electronics inside the stove are just as delicate (if not more), than your PC. Some people dont use them at all. So I guess something is better than nothing.

But those that do not use them, are more than likely the same people that need a new control board every other year. IMO. Cheap up front cost, for an expensive investment that you will have for many years??

just sayin.....

Other than that, your Siding looks like mine does in a couple spots. The North side of my house has some bad spots. Time to bust out the pressure washer. Worse this year than any other (that I remember).o_O

Ahh don't even get me started. Just spent hours with green cleaner and a scrub brush cleaning the north and east side of my TWO story.

I was thinking I must have forgot to do it last year, but now you say its worse this year maybe I did do it last year. :mad:

I can relate to a new stove and the warm weather. It was 81 degrees day before yesterday while I was humping my new 500 pound wood stove into the basement. My wife was thrilled that for the first time I didn't fire a stove off to smoke check a new stove or liner even in July. I'll let this one sit till fall. Maybe.

Her line is the same every time a delivery truck arrives. "Well, it is about to get real hot in this joint."

lil green dude what is green cleaner? And you musta got some on ya!! ;)

OP, Nice looking stove! Enjoy.

well, a couple things.....first of all though, congrats on the P43! Im sure you'll love it......now, since I am a PITA, something of note, other than the surge protection already noted, the clearance from the pipe to the ground should be 18", regardless of what the ground material is. Maybe yours is, but it doesnt look it.....other than that, happy burning! Oh, and also, when youre done burning that thing for the season, be sure to cover the outlet of the vent pipe......bugs and birds love that hole as a home during the "off" months, which generally guarantees you wont start up problem free in the fall....just a thought.

Nice install! Welcome to the "other side". You will have plenty of time to use it.
Enjoy the heat.

Enjoy the heat.

Pay attention to what Lousyweather and DexterDay have mentioned.

And always remember a clean stove is a happy, safe, and warm stove.

On the surge protector I ordered the Belkin in my post above it has 12 outlets and is 4320 joules.

The ground clearance i am going to have to measure, my dealer has been in business for over 40 years, and he said it was okay, close but okay, he only cautioned me on the dry leaves and such in the area. I am going to be putting down some pavers or sidewalk slabs. I may dig them out some, but that would kind of defeat the purpose as now I would have a kind of basin to catch leaves in instead of having them blow away.

I will be looking for a battery back up also, I will need to do some research on it.

Looks good. I'm in the same boat as you. Got my stove up and running 2 weeks ago. Have not had a good cold day since. Maybe I'll fire it up for the fourth of July in southern MD! Should be a nice 95 and humid as hell that day.

Looking good congrats! Exhaust that close to the ground
wouldn't cut it here. Sometimes we get a couple feet
of snow. Stove looks great. Maybe u won't run it much
this Spring but now you can stock up on pellets to
keep ya busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.