It Works!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Thanks so much for everyone's help and especially WOODSMAN23!

It was the exhaust/combustion fan that was bad.

Our local pellet stove dealer actually had the part and gasket in stock and it only took about 1/2 hour to get everything switched out.

side note: with the afton bay the room fan does come on when the stove is turned on along with the combustion fan, then it shuts off until the fire is going and turns back on.

Really really appriciate everyone's knowledge on this site!

Did you save the old one and see if the bearings were worn?

Or just dry? (Need lube)?

Congratulations on the heat and the fix!!!

I would check that other motor out. I posted in your last thread about oiling, spinning, repeating, oiling, spinning, repeating.... It may work and you will have a spare.

Or a cheap bearing or bearings (literally like a few bucks) may fix it.

Nothing like having parts on the shelf. Just in case something just like this occurs!

Glad its fixed..

yes, I saw your other post.

I do plan on working on the old motor and cleaning and oiling and keeping as a spare.

I wish there was an easy way to post photos without resizing. I took some pictures of it. pretty gunked up.

All of the blowers and their motors get gunked up and that is why they need regular attention.

You were lucky it didn't go any further than the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.