Its a big One!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
We got 10-16 inch rounds offof it, and there is still around 8-10 foot left. 55 inchs across. Anyone one says an 880 not a good cross cut saw just hasnt found the right tree! ;-P

D's on the 880 aswell! (over 2 cords 10 rounds) RED OAK!

Attachments

• xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 419
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 424
  • xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 431
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 386
Lol, don't tell her, but that last picture shows a pretty wonky cut. 12" splits on one side of the round, 16" on the other, lol. Next time give her the wedges and hammer...

Danno77 said:
Lol, don't tell her, but that last picture shows a pretty wonky cut. 12" splits on one side of the round, 16" on the other, lol. Next time give her the wedges and hammer...

I started that cut and split that limb. It was curly as crap we couldnt even split that piece with 27 ton spliter. We throw it to the side. :cheese: One Bad @ss stick of wood....Guy said he had an estimate of 10k when the power company drop it in his yard. He has been hacking at it for 2 years now.lol (but that is what cause it to curve) tree 100 percent soild.

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:

I started that cut and split that limb. It was curly as crap we couldnt even split that piece with 27 ton spliter. We throw it to the side. :cheese: One Bad @ss stick of wood....Guy said he had an estimate of 10k when the power company drop it in his yard. He has been hacking at it for 2 years now.lol
That's good milling material!

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:

I started that cut and split that limb. It was curly as crap we couldnt even split that piece with 27 ton spliter. We throw it to the side. :cheese: One Bad @ss stick of wood....Guy said he had an estimate of 10k when the power company drop it in his yard. He has been hacking at it for 2 years now.lol

If I had 40-60 hours, not a big oak fan either. If there was any way I could trailer it I would have keep it. Guess it to be well north of 20k lbs.

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:

If I had 40-60 hours, not a big oak fan either. If there was any way I could trailer it I would have keep it. Guess it to be well north of 20k lbs.
55" makes a heck of a lot of cookies for dinette table tops!!! Good firewood, if nothing else.

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:

55" makes a heck of a lot of cookies for dinette table tops!!! Good firewood, if nothing else.

The guy who found it need wood bad...I just really didnt want to take the time to mill it. Black walnut white oak I would have, out of vacation time too...lol :cheese:

Oh I was there 5 hours today and I am shot....Cold beer time!

Holy Cow! There's enough BTU there to heat a medium-sized town for a week!! :lol:

smokinjay said:
We got 10-16 inch rounds offof it, and there is still around 8-10 foot left. 55 inchs across. Anyone one says an 880 not a good cross cut saw just hasnt found the right tree! ;-P

Nice job on that monster, what size bar did you have on the 880?

gibir

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

gibir

41 and was able to cut from one side.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

gibir

Nice, who is D?

gibir

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

:cheese:

gibir

Nice, who is D?

gibir

Gf

Great job Jay.You definitely earned that cold beer today. :coolsmirk: Day's like today you're lucky to get 5-6 hrs outta me,wasnt too many years ago I'd go 8-9 hrs with few breaks. :lol:

Thistle said:
Great job Jay.You definitely earned that cold beer today. :coolsmirk: Day's like today you're lucky to get 5-6 hrs outta me,wasnt too many years ago I'd go 8-9 hrs with few breaks. :lol:

We had full sun to boot! Late Sept be a lot better but what do I know the kids are finally figured out they need wood this winter..lol Red oak not a good choice but they did listen and spit it at 3-4 inch squares. :lol:

What won't she do jay.....better keep her around

Bocefus78 said:

:cheese:

Bocefus78 said:

LOL right on. Does she have a sister? ;-P :coolgrin: :lol:

Thistle said:
Bocefus78 said:

LOL right on. Does she have a sister? ;-P :coolgrin: :lol:

5 brothers and shes the youngest! :lol:

Jay, those are the fun ones, but I don't tackle those any more. I'll leave them to you guys. Lots of wood there to be had. Keep on sawing.

Backwoods Savage said:
Jay, those are the fun ones, but I don't tackle those any more. I'll leave them to you guys. Lots of wood there to be had. Keep on sawing.

I hear you, that was a pain in the butt with the heat. Dont mind the tree size... :cheese: Try to get them more fire up this spring.lol Now there going to be doing this all summer. They have an 036 but in this area it comes up short on most tree's around here.

smokinjay said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I hear you, that was a pain in the butt with the heat. Dont mind the tree size... :cheese: Try to get them more fire up this spring.lol Now there going to be doing this all summer. They have an 036 but in this area it comes up short on most tree's around here.

Yesterday was HOT. I was out milling up some posts and slabs...had to quit about 1:00 because I couldn't drink fast enough to keep up with the sweating. Sweat and sawdust everywhere....

Today is just ridiculous.

lukem said:
smokinjay said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Yesterday was HOT. I was out milling up some posts and slabs...had to quit about 1:00 because I couldn't drink fast enough to keep up with the sweating. Sweat and sawdust everywhere....

Today is just ridiculous.

Yea I started seeing spots...Said if you can start my saw we will get going again. (Hot 880 I put it on full choke) This was about 1:30 guess the 880 finnish off there will to live! :lol: Today would be a night mare!

smokinjay said:
(Hot 880 I put it on full choke)

LOL..That's just mean, clever, but mean. About 10 pulls in that heat and I'd be heading for the truck!

lukem said:
smokinjay said:
(Hot 880 I put it on full choke)

LOL..That's just mean, clever, but mean. About 10 pulls in that heat and I'd be heading for the truck!

I would say 10 right on the money! One chance of starting a flooded 880.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.