Its Raining Wood in Maryland

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teutonicking

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
Maryland
This is what I am talking about when I tell folks that very few people have stoves in my area. There is so much wood available on Craigslist here that they will bring oak to your home by the dumpster full. Its times like this that I wish I had more land! Ok, I honestly always wish I had more land.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/zip/3969708785.html

Looks like an easy cord and a half+.

Send then to Ohio==c

Reactions: blujacket
Not too much free wood around here, probably because of no major storms the last two years in the ohio valley. Hope that mother nature keeps it that way. Somehow, I will manage.;)

I know! I have more wood than time to split and stack. Having a friend who is an arborist helps the situation. Plus, I have a friend I met on Arborist Site where we share wood scores. There are ads on Craigslist all the time where aborists are looking for dumping sites. None are offering to dump in my county though. Only Baltimore County.

_g_g_g

If that's a 20 yd box, or 4x8x17 foot that is more like 4 cord, even thrown in that is a freaking great deal.

it looks like a good deal. You do need room for 3 or 4 cord of wood dropped.
It almost looks like somebody's playing a trick on another one but the ad looks
legitimate. go for it if you can. maybe a friend has some property.

Good luck moving a splitting those monsters.

I'd be all over that.

Some big stuff there but with the right tools it isn't bad. For sure though I'd want to know what I was getting. You would not want to be getting junk wood even if it is free.

wish i was within 15 miles of there! Even though I have a lot of oak who could pass up free oak delivered. Wish more people were giving away wood down here in southern maryland. I'm going this weekend to check out a potential score of cedar and maple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.