It's the end of the month, how many bags did you use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
140 bags since the start of the burn season through yesterday. I don't break it down by month.

:eek: Most of you either keep your houses like a sauna or my house is better insulated/sealed up than I think it is.

Well some of us are old and like it warm and some of us are heating multiple floors.

Then we have the those that bundle up in sweaters, throws, and fuzzy bunny slippers drinking hot buttered rums and grosing about how cold it is in the house let alone outside.

Reactions: Brokenwing
Don't keep track by month, but I'm close to 3 tons for the season thus far. If I had to guess what I burned last month I'd say around $250 less than what oil would've cost :)

Well some of us are old and like it warm and some of us are heating multiple floors.

Then we have the those that bundle up in sweaters, throws, and fuzzy bunny slippers drinking hot buttered rums and grosing about how cold it is in the house let alone outside.
I am heating 3 of 4 levels (2250SF) not counting the basement. We don't use the top level so the hollow core door is closed to that level. Weekdays, the programmable thermostat is set to 64f while we are gone to work and at night while sleeping and 68f in the morning and evening. Weekends, it is set to 64f at night while sleeping and 68f during the day. Any warmer in the bedrooms and I am sweating.

Well I'm heating better than 1800 SF (not counting my garage under) total heatable floor space in the house is 2688 SF from the basement and my t-stat never goes below 71::F (73::F8:00AM to 9:00PM) upstairs living area rarely ever goes below 67::F (usually it is 68) the bed rooms are usually at 65. I haven't quite got things evened out, not doing the fine tuning with fans but with insulation and air leak sealing.

Oh and here the heating degree days (balance point 65::F) are better than 9% ahead of last year.

I don't count but probably burned around 40 bags for the month of January.

I've burned enough to keep the house warm and my wife/daughter happy. :)

I used to keep better track when I just used the insert, but havent been as diligent since I got the furnace. I show 68 bags used for the season. But, 25 of those have been marked down as used in the furnace, which probably isn't too far off as I have been using it exclusively since 1/14. I'm sure I missed a couple here and there. Consumption is up because of two things - the furnace is hungrier and I'm heating the whole house, and I used to shut the pellet insert off at night and use the wood eater. I've only had a couple fires in the wood eater since 1/14. I'm getting used to loading a bag in the morning and another at night and calling it good for the day.

42 for the month, 112 so far for the season. Heating 3 floors 2,800 s.f. total. 68*-70*/64*/64* bottom to top.

Oh and here the heating degree days (balance point 65::F) are better than 9% ahead of last year.

I noticed an 18% increase when I filled out my spreadsheet this morning. Around my parts we have had 3302 hdd do far this season compared to 2785 hdd last season at this time. so far this year I am burning 1.07#/hdd. Last year I burned 1.03 #/hdd.

I use a 60 degree balance point.

Didn't physically count the January usage, but as cold as it got I'm sure we burned OVER a ton. I know we did "two-a-days" for a LOT of January... Did 4 complete cleanings so far as the 2012 version of Cleanfires seem to be "ashier" than previous years. I'd estimate that for the season we've put about 130 bags thru the P61A & about 100 thru the P43...Guess it's time for a physical count, but I think I'm gonna have more than 3 tons left when we're thru with this one...

140 at home and 50 at the shop. 2 ton in garage.
3/4 ton of Envi 8's through the Jotul in Dec. & Jan. Burned wood in Oct. & Nov.

125 bags so far this season. 100 bags of chow left. stopping every day this week and picking up 10 bags a day. just to be sure.

98 bags this Month. Went through one ton of Greene Team the middle two weeks of January alone.
359 bags so far this year. A few more tons to go.
Harman PF100

With 25-40 gallons/month for Buderus G215/3 Boiler on 60gal hot water heater.
2 tons in a month WOW must have a pellet boiler and a stove that is a lot over 6 bags a day average. I know where to go if the pellet supply runs low

66 bags since 10-1 , burned some HHO do to laziness.

140 bags since the start of the burn season through yesterday. I don't break it down by month.

I'm right behind you at 134. I'm already wondering if this is going to be a 5 ton year.

41 bags of GT and Somersets. Probably 30 were GT's.

I burned 4 more bags compared to last year in Jan.

Burned 51 bags in January... 129 total this season.... I'm okay with that!

2 3/4 tons so far. Would burn more if I could get my stove to do it. Some days I can get two bags in, but the next day, maybe not so.

I started out the season with 50 bags of Hammers (left from last year, sold as "Statesman" but they are Hammers) and 100 bags of O'Mally's (white bag green lettering) .... and there's near 50 bags in the shed as back up (Hammers). So far I've used 68 bags, (25 were O'Mally's as they were on top of that stack and 43 were Hammer's). I've probably burnt 25 bags in January 2013. We had a few warmer days.

Status
Not open for further replies.