January here whats your best and how much you got?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LLigetfa said:
15 cord of Black Ash, 10 cord in the shed, 5 cord stacked outside. Don't know what that would be in girlie men face cords since I buck to 20".
c hair over 36 :bug:

5 for next and four for now. The first time I ever heard of a face cord the man told me he got a cord for $50. Then he started to tell me that it fit in a pu, :-/ so i asked what a cord was, he replied 4x8. I waited a while no more info just stare, than I got the dictionary looked up cord and showed it to him. He felt like he got the shaft after seeing that i was selling a pu load for $30 at the time. :cheese:

EKLawton said:
LLigetfa said:
15 cord of Black Ash, 10 cord in the shed, 5 cord stacked outside. Don't know what that would be in girlie men face cords since I buck to 20".
c hair over 36 :bug:
Blonde or Brunette?

If I put 37.5 face cords into one long row that's 4 feet high, the row would reach from one lot corner to the other nearest corner, namely 300 feet. If I made a single row to go all the way around my property fence line, it would be about 735 face cords. That'd probably do me for about 50 years.

One split of pine and thee splits of oak :p

I have about a cord of cherry and Locust in the basement. 4 cords of cherry in my HH that should be ready to go. 2 cords of oak, 1 cord of locust and 1 cord of maple that are seasoning. I also have about 1/2 cord of Sassafras and I recently bucked another huge Sassafras and some dead Locust.

A girlie of cherry by the stove, a manly of cherry out the basement door.

A girlie of 3 year old mixed (soft maple, hard maple, white ash, and red oak) left over to be used in Feb.

A girlie of white ash from last year, cut a bit long for my old stove but I can squeeze it in the new one.

Two manlies of hickory with some red oak snuck in by my wood guy (a girlie of which sits three feet in front of the stove for me to rest my butt against while waiting to shut Beaulah down for the night).

Two manlies of big white ash splits cut 18" for the Vig as soon as my wood guy can get to it.

Just cracked into the "last" 25 cords of only red and white oak (not really the white won't be touched this year, if only the few pieces that got thrown in). Next step will just be to make sure I replace this for about 3 years from now. Life is good, no cutting a bit of carrying and plenty of burning. Oh, just scored about 1/2 cord of hickory to add to one of the piles. Guy couldn't handle 24" logs.
Chad

Well seasoned elm, ash & maple is what were burning now that it's gotten real cold.

ansehnlich1 said:
ChillyGator said:
First year burner

"it's pathetic' :<(

North Florida eh? Man it's New Years eve, and I'm having trouble not asking you if you burn "orange" :)

Ain't never heard of anybody talkin' how "orange" splits, or how many btu's you get outta "orange", haha!

ChillyGator, you'll come around and before you know it you'll have plenty of firewood. Idea is to get ahead, get it split, get it covered, get it seasoned to around 20% or less moisture, and get it burned!!!

Happy new year to ya.

LOL.....got about 2 cords of red oak split and curing from last spring but i'm starting to burn the smaller splits already (25% +/-) with the last of my dry wood.
Just got invite to take down some nice 13" diameter water oaks (red) from a fence line that is easy to get to.....that should do me for year after next!

27* this am and upper teens/lower twentys all this week, highs in lower 50's (just a nice fall day for you guys).

I WISH YA'LL WOULD TAKE YOUR WEATHER BACK!

Beetle-Kill said:
Yo', Chilly-G (that's actually kinda' cool), I've never been in your part of the country, but does ANYTHING get below 20% moisture content in that area? Heck, I'm 20,000 ft.over your elevation, and my shorts still register +20%. OK, only on occaision, but you get my drift. Happy New Year!

NEVER.....currently 42.6* wind N @ 12mph Humidity 31% and everything I touch shocks me!

Battenkiller said:
A girlie of cherry by the stove, a manly of cherry out the basement door.

A girlie of 3 year old mixed (soft maple, hard maple, white ash, and red oak) left over to be used in Feb.

A girlie of white ash from last year, cut a bit long for my old stove but I can squeeze it in the new one.

Two manlies of hickory with some red oak snuck in by my wood guy (a girlie of which sits three feet in front of the stove for me to rest my butt against while waiting to shut Beaulah down for the night).

Two manlies of big white ash splits cut 18" for the Vig as soon as my wood guy can get to it.

LMAOROFL!
Yep, that right there is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.