Jotul 3TDIC-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hill

Sep 6, 2023
New York
Should the draft baffle hit this screw?
2.jpg

do i need a washer for the damper arm? it doesnt want to work.
1.jpg

Something may have warped. paging D. Hermit for a Jotul consult.

Something may have warped. paging D. Hermit for a Jotul consult.
Man you love testing me with the hard ones haha.

So this TDIC is not a stove I generally work on, and its been years since I have. Im pretty sure that screw is not supposed be to be touching the damper, makes me feel like something might have warped a little.

And you can always try to add a washer if you need clearance.

This is one of those things where I have to be there to really examine it in person and work it out in my head whats going on.

You can pull the exploded diagram from Woodmans Parts Plus dot com, and print it and the parts list out and try to start piecing together exactly what pieces you have first, and see if you are missing any.

Thanks. It's a head-scratcher for me. I haven't touched one of the cat versions.